Monday 27 August 2007

Hells Kitchen

What a nightmare today, not feeling 100 % as reported earlier, but decided to go into town on the bus, using the magic bus pass, to collect the car.

Went into The Mercat and discovered that there were only two staff on, one in kitchen, other in bar, as young Paddy had slept in. So nothing else for it but to get stuck into the sink and do some dishes - bad move. Two hours later Paddy arrived, and another two hours later the back shift of Stuart, David and Dreever appeared and I was finally able to escape.

I can only say that from now on, the chefs and any kitchen staff in any kitchen deserve a medal, it is high pressure stuff when the meals are being rattled through, especially in a kitchen where they use fresh food and have to prepare everything from scratch. Totally different ball game to those who use pre made meals and use the "ding" method of cooking.
Just leave me back behind the bar, pulling pints and arguing with the punters.

When I did eventually retrieve the car and get home there was a new programme on BBC 2 called " Kitchen Criminals", on every night this week - I can now sympathise with them.

Chris and Ailsa are off on holiday on Tuesday for a well earned break in the sun, hope they both have a nice time.

Early night tonight as I am off down south at 5 a.m. tomorrow.

I see there were some comments on this morning blog, as expected Mr A. F. did not let me down !!! just has no class the boy.

No comments: