Sunday 13 April 2014

He who hesitates is lost

Not only do I get into trouble for not finding time to relax and do my relaxation classes,  but I find I am either too tired or too busy to compose a few lines of this blog.

Took myself to work at the Grill on Thursday, ended up doing just a bit too much so have had to cut back a wee bit the last couple of days.

"Strike while the iron is hot", rings kind of true now -  having been in and out of  BMW Motorrad at Dalkeith more often than the hospital, and was seriously considering getting one of the ex Olympic BMW1200RT's  however, sod's law,  having eventually made up my mind I arrived about two hours after the last one had been bought.  Back to the drawing board and my trusty "steed of steel", now shining and clean after a wee bit of TLC yesterday afternoon.  It will be fun to tour Europe on the bike in June, and it will certainly add a few miles to the clock -  big change from the couple of years where it only did a few hundred miles.

Headlining again- Edinburgh trams, as the road surface in Shandwick Place is beginning to crack up and will need repairing before the rain and ice cause further deterioration in the winter.  It was in this area that I was pursued by two of the so called workmen who had skived off to the bookies during working hours and did not want to be photographed.   Usual story, no commitment by staff who are only interested in getting paid and not doing a good job.  As I say,  some people come to work to get paid, others come to work, show initiative and enjoy themselves.

London Marathon taking place at the moment, amazing with 37,000 taking part.   I met a former colleague last week who is running today, and another next week.  He now works as a taxi driver,  but is an ultra distance athlete who regularly does fifty and one hundred mile races - including the Sahara run, well done.


No comments: