Tuesday 4 August 2015

Berwick and Roxburgh - in the "Good old day,s"

Mid week once again and not a lot to show so far, apart from several bags of plastic and boxes of cardboard for recycling !!!   How exciting,  BUT,  recycling is very topical, and of course is a Government target set by our friends in Brussels.  So looking at my weekly collection, I can honestly say I am doing my bit for Queen and Country (so to speak).

Rummaging about at home in my boxes of badges I came across these two which are certainly dated back to the 60's .
 These were two of the small County Police Forces were part of Berwick, Roxburgh and Selkirk Constabulary.  This Police Force later merged with Lothian and Peebles Constabulary and Edinburgh City Police forming Lothian and Borders Police  which in turn has been swallowed up in the recent merger producing the current Police Scotland Force.     Times have changed and not necessarily for the better,  lets hope the current adverse publicity will result in some improvements in public perception and for the general moral of the serving officers.  

No comments: