Saturday 25 September 2010

Be true to yourself - honesty is the best policy

Not sure how this chain of thought came about, but I had a conversation with a lady today who told me things about her past which she had never told to anyone else - she was open, honest and felt vulnerable exposing "herself" to a stranger - Me - of all people.

BUT it made me think - I personally try to honest and truth full and I certainly see no point in exaggerating, what is the point - the only person you deceive is yourself. Many years ago I elected to run one hundred miles for charity round a set course at the local army barracks and it was up to me to declare my daily mileage - easy for me to tell lies, no, I did the mileage as per the book - knackered as I was.

Brings me back to the honesty thing, write a CV and add a few embellishments, pretend a little, get the job, BUT wait for the bite back if you are unlucky. No point in saying you can fly a 777 when all you have flown is a Cesna;

Me - I have been struggling for months to do some work - just getting nowhere fast, no matter how hard I try - I have already said I am toiling, end result I am being helped, but at the end of the day I do what I do - but unfortunately not as well as I would have wished to do.
Be true to yourself - do not bullshit, might not suit some of your family or friends, but from may you will earn respect.

No comments: