Sunday 26 September 2010

Today and the week ahead

Long day today, restless night once again, and eventually up and out by 7 a.m., Mercat was steady enough, lovely day, bit cold . Still lots of visitors in the town but on nice days they head for the city centre before stopping.

Took the opportunity after lunch to go see the Turkish boys and have my ears set on fire, much needed.

Home to get changed and then off northwards to Aberdeen to do one of my other jobs up there. En route I saw droves of Rangers F C supporters heading south after their successful defeat of Aberdeen - 3 - 2, all three goals scored in the 2nd half.

Made it to the College, had a look around and found my bed for the night. Took myself off for a beer and was unfortunate enough to end up in a bar where English appeared to be the second language for some of the locals, certainly not conducive to fostering good relationships with visitors. In my days in the Sportsman's Bar in Musselburgh I would have been waving the "attitude adjuster" at them and chucking them out.

So, Monday I will finishing this job here, heading South again, Tue and Wed early shifts in The Mercat ( 6 a.m for a project). Tue night 1st meeting of R A Laird O Cockpen, No 500; Wed night it is Miss talk a Lot's birthday so we are going to see her at Henricks Bar, her new abode along with Sir Chris. Thursday night big silver bird will take Me and Mrs B south to the "Big Smoke" , not to see the Queen or check out the pavements of Gold _ I have an EPIC meeting on Friday in the City, so I intend to make the weekend of it.
Long week ahead.

No comments: