Monday 6 September 2010

Con men, falsehoods and scoungers

Despite my previous advice about how to stop the cold callers ( marketing phone calls) my evening was disturbed by two callers tonight, both within fifteen minutes.

So the man from WEATHERSEAL told me that I could get some FREE Roofline work done on my house, I listened carefully while he explained that I could be put on a list and might be chosen for some free work on the house - and as we all know there is no such thing as a "Free Meal" - you get "Nowt for Nowt".

Next call was from our old friends at "The National Crime Research Council", carrying out their so called survey. So once again I have had another call when I should be off a list, and again from a former caller. This time I was asked personal questions about my home, security, etc, but having had previous experience the answers I gave were not what the "researcher" wanted to shear, so I had a nice thank you and he hung up. As a reminder, they want to know if you have any kind of home security system and if not will suggest that you take "free advice" from a professional, which will lead to a follow up call from S A S Security who will try and sell a system, or offer a free installation but you then pay for a maintenance contract - be warned.

On the subject of cons and scroungers, yet another feature in the newspaper today about a family, The Smiths from Bristol, who are getting £95,000 a year in benefits from the government - where will this end, we are being wel and truly taken to the cleaners by evry one and their Auntie, leaving decent hard working folks to pick up the tab.

No comments: