Tuesday 12 July 2011

Up and down to Whitecraig

Tuesday night and despite it being a lovely evening had to give the bowling a miss due to problems with my stomach - possibly post op, but until I see the Dr. I will not know.
Have been working at The Dolphin Inn the past two days and now getting into the hang of things- by the time Billy gets back from his holiday I might even have managed to complete my work experience.
off South again on Thursday, nice long run and time to play with the white van men - but having said that, there were seven on the A720 City By pass this morning as I left the Sheriffhall roundabout, and it was like the Whacky Races" as they fought for position and raced for the A1 Roundabout at Grenada Services, it went through my mind that they must have been watching the British Grand Prix on Sunday. I am sure there are speciality races for transit vans and half these guys would do well on the race track.
Bit of a carry on with the demise of The News of the World, part of Mr Murdoch's empire - looks like the privileges attached to Corporate responsibility / liability have downsides also.
It will be interesting to see how many fall as a result of the current problems - share prices tumbling at BSKYB, might even play into his court by allowing him to get some floating shares at knock down prices.
BUT as far as I am concerned, my subscription to BSkyB is being cancelled, although that has more to do with the new Digital TV service which has eliminated the need for an overpriced service - whose sales team are tasked with increase the annual personal spend of every customer - with healthy bonuses and fancy days out for the top rated team.

No comments: