Thursday 15 November 2012

Time waits for no man

Once again , time is my worst enemy,  although the fact that I cannot guarantee any more to get logged into this site does not help.

Been mega busy with my training course and homework -   busy at the Dolphin Inn between conventional bar duties and emergency work with a shovel and barrow -  we have filled three skips including a large twenty foot one -  so full that the driver could not lift it and we had to empty loads out into another.
Building looking good with the outer stonework all repainted - next job, the new signage  (Mercat), and then inside.
X-mas day lunch look like it is going to be popular again - confirmed numbers and enquiries building.

R A C came to the rescue today when the Tut Tut died on me while scooting into Edinburgh - towed all the way home, so looks like a major problem -  good job I have another one ( Blue Peter style)  parked at the back door.   It was the same RAC man as towed me home in the same car about a year ago.
Mrs B now a dab hand at cup cakes and meringues,  she has made some wonderful cakes for the Children in Need Appeal -  just need to sell them.

Been missing out on my masonic duties,  but I cannot be everywhere as they say - Forrester's worked a Mark Degree on Tuesday;  last night John Lynch was given Honorary membership at Esk 42  RA. and on Saturday night the Grand Superintendent's Dinner takes place at Bonnyrigg.

Tonight I have missed the Retired Police Officers Dinner  (E Div) which has been revived by several of the "younger" retired officers,  well done, and tomorrow there is a retiral doo which I will also miss.
Up at 4.30 a.m. this morning, still staggering by the time I made it to the car, and tomorrow it is a 5.40 am rise for the BNI.  -  So much for being retired !!!!!



No comments: