Sunday 24 November 2013

Quick week's summary

Despite everything I have not expired, just finding it hard to believe I have been so occupied this week as to be unable to find time to write a few lines.  I did set out on Thursday night with the best of intentions but was confronted with a quandary which took up my evening.

Difficult to remember at this stage what I even did during the week,  apart from work !!  But spoke too soon - found my diary and also the reason for my lack of memory . 

Monday, worked and then headed for town, dicky suit, black tie, and headed through to Glasgow for the Incorporation of maltman dinner in the Merchants Hall  =  enough said,  lovely meal, good company,  and eventually got home at  3.15 a.m.

Tuesday, recovering !!   went to work at lunchtime and was there at the Mercat Grill till  10.15 pm., driver and jack of all trades.
Wednesday,  back at the Grill, job to be done,  home wards,  had to fit in one of my other jobs before heading back to Bonnyrigg for the OES meeting -  no marks for guessing who fell asleep during the meeting.
Thursday, planned day off when we headed to the Balmoral Hotel for a spa day, followed by afternoon tea -  very relaxing ( or as Sparky would say - chilling out)  but sadly my massage was not up to expectation.       Afternoon tea,  nice,  but not to be a daily event.      From there,  home wards, and any benefits were lost due to having so much  to catch up with,  baking for Mrs B and  bookwork for me.

Friday, again, back at the Grill,  Costco, Bookers,  before heading to the ELCO Club Tranent for the annual reunion dinner of the E Div Retired Police Officers -  turned out to be a very good night, would have been better if I could have stayed there but with an early day today I was up, up and away.

And so it continued,  up, up and away early this morning to the Hilton Double Trees, Dunblane, (formerly the Dunblane Hydro) for a residential training weekend.

Currently rather tired, and also peeed off with Scotland's defeat by Australia at Murrayfield,  mainly because I have to respond to Phil the upside down father of Robbie and Scott who sent me one of  his pre match wind ups.

No comments: