Sunday 23 February 2014

Something to rejoice about.

Must say that I now join the ranks of " Oh Ye of little Faith" !!    Yesterday I watched part of the Scotland v Italy rugby International, and at half time, having other things to do changed my priorities and departed.  Thoughts at the time were  "wooden spoon again"  and "perhaps the Romanian Team with take Scotland's place in future Six Nation competitions".   So I was seriously surprised when RGB, wide grin, told me they had won in the last minute -  not that I disbelieved him, but I did go and check the results service before kicking myself.

The English - Irish game was certainly exciting throughout,  so now the tournament is wide open and no one will win the Grand Slam this year.
My Welsh friend  (Bertie Baa Baa) is still rejoicing following Wales rout of Italy on Friday night - leek soup, lamb and leek pie, and a large daffodil tied to his chimney pot.  Good job that Scotland won or we would not have heard the end of it for at least a year.  I appreciate that he scored a goal yesterday,  but as my wife would say " all you have to do is kick the ball in the net" - women's logic - simple.

Earlier comment about Wayne Rooney's exorbitant salary  in relation to the promotion of curling,  the Scottish Curling Federation were given £1.5 m over a four year period.     Did not realise that there are only two curling centres South of the Border,  I am sure that will change.

Story of a coincidence - and how small this world is.  Two Canadian police officers touring New Zealand at the moment with the NZIPA motor cycle group,became "geographically embarrassed" and had to stop at a house for directions.   Turned out the owner of the house was the son of our local IPA Chairman and told his visitors this before they departed to find the rest of the group.    They came back later to say that one of the group was from Scotland and a friend of his father - nice one. For years we used to comment on the graffiti "Kilroy was here"  now, we  in the IPA (Scottish Motorcycle Group) say that "Dougie was here".

Must send birthday greetings to  my sister in law (21 again yesterday).    Her husband, (known to have a heart of gold), in respect for her advancing years, bought her a smaller wheel barrow and a ladie's shovel !!!  so she can continue to assist with his ongoing building works.   Bit of a pity that I have been ill as we would normally have been off to sunnier climes to celebrate the event (birthday not building),  just have to make up in the future.

No comments: