Saturday 4 February 2017

Nail biting stuff, so I need to keep on writing till the end of the match.

Change of theme,   so , having made use of my complimentary, paid up membership of the NHS, I have unfortunately had to visit both my GP and the Royal Infirmary Edinburgh on several occasions since December.   What can I say, I cannot be critical of the treatment I have received,  however, I wonder how these Doctors and nurses cope under the pressure with constsant queues of  "patients" waiting to be seen.  I use the term rather loosly as, having sat in the A & E waiting room I was appalled at a) the drunken state of some "patients", b) their unruly and obnoxious behaviour, and c) the trivial nature of many of their complaints which could have been dealt with ether at home, by a pharmacist or a nurse in a GP surgery.   Maybe I am lucky to have such good surgery facilities in Penicuik. There was a good article in today's paper about a surgery in Edinburgh where the GP was under siege at times by university students (flat dwellers) demanding instant attention/and heading for the ERI if not seen, and also stocking up with prescriptions before heading home for holidays.  Maybe there should be a student health centre in the City,  where they could get their health care along with cheap drink.

Sixty seconds to go,     sweating,     game over,   Scotland 27 - Ireland 22.

Back to the hospital,   a bloody disgrace to see patients who obviously do need care being left on trollies while eejits get looked at, then folks being sent home because of lack of beds.    No good saying "I told you so" when the so called expert planners designed the new ERI and closed down the old one.     Just a great big thank you to all the staff who have been so helpful towards me.

No comments: