Saturday 17 June 2017

Falling by the way side, a sign of old age, maybe!!

All sorts of things going on, and as I plan on writing one thing, something else happens to distract me.

I have to add my condolences to the many who have suffered loss and are / or are waiting for news about missing relatives following the terrible fire in London during the week.  Obviously much more to be disclosed as the investigation continues.

In the interim I had a wee city beak to Barcelona  with the family to celebrate my 70 th Birthday !!   might feel my age some days , but then again on others feel worse!!!
Quite a city, lots to see and do, very modern, bustling, a tourists paradise with so many things to see and do.  I, despite the warnings was nearly a victim of a pickpocket while leaving the Metro one evening,  but the good news was that a swift elbow in the ribs of my assailant was sufficient for him to hand back my phone before running off.
We managed well despite the heat and doing so much walking, but made use of the local transport for a wee breather,  not sure how long it took our pilot to recover after this particular trip.
Anyway,  it was certainly an  interesting visit,  shattered by the time we came home.

Last night was Anne McGhee's 70th Birthday party where a group of friends met for a meal at the Mercat Grill, excellent night, with a 60's  pub quiz and singer to keep the guests entertained. 

Tomorrow, off on our travels again, this time for a very quiet week in a friend's apartment just south of Alicante.  Not sure what access I will have for wi fi, apart from one of the local bars, which might be a good excuse for a quiet beer .

Going to miss the E&SESLTA  session in the Grill on Wednesday night.

No comments: