Saturday 22 July 2017

SKY TV rip off, but is that my opinion!

Sitting here spitting blood as I have been listening to the BBC coverage of the Open Golf past three days on the radio as I do not have the rip off sky Sports package.   Interesting to see that during the day Sky are getting 330,000 viewers but the BBC are getting One million viewers on their Open Highlights feature. I received some bumf during the week from Sky who now want to break up the sports coverage and sell individual types of sports individually,  just another way of making money.  When I did work for BSkyB   they had league tables in the sales offices with winning sales teams getting all sorts of commission and rewards for boosting sales and their intent was to increase the cost to customers each year.   Apart from the cookery programmes and Nothing to Declare, time I also kicked Sky into touch.
Penicuik still having a partial boycott of Lidl after their new car parking procedure, so far I have not been back for five weeks, so Tesco is scoring.  Interesting to see that no such parking scheme implemented at the Lidl store in Musselburgh.

Mercat Grill busier than ever,  next wine night is 2nd September with a South African theme.

Steed of Steel running well, and have been out several times when weather was nice, had a quick run down to Duns on Tuesday to see Andy at Border Bikes and then back over the moors,  but today, fog bound in Penicuik, so no planes taking off from the public park!!!

My friend Lennie, who collided with a car who pulled out in front of him in Arrachar three weeks ago is still in the QE hospital, Glasgow with double fractures to the pelvis, is doing better than  expected and hopes to get home in a couple of weeks,  but recovery is slow, however he is determined to get a new 1200RT  to replace his wrecked baby and get back on the road again.   The lovely Catherine is recovering from her many bumps and scrapes and hopefully she and  Lennie will be out and about as a team sooner than later.
So another quiet few days for me till I have my NHS card stamped at my next appointment. Nothing but praise for the support and treatment I am getting.

No comments: