Wednesday 10 June 2009

Bit cloudy today with rain in the offing



Well, Tuesday I managed to get sorted out for another job down south, I think. It was off then down to Bonnyrigg to see Grant @ Photgenix who was working hard, looking well and recoving from his bad elbow - wee chat and then off to Costco.

I was supposed to be there to buy a cake and a shoe rack and came out with a full trolley - a new Karcher power washer ( early birthday present for me). During my browsing I met Mrs McKay ( 1st ) - Jeanette, who I have not seen for years and her daughter Louise with the Grandchildren - Jeanette had no idea who I was but Louise did as I must have met her and her dad more recently.

Headed home via the Bush, all quiet there, and then went looking for a new foal which I have spied in a field off the A 702, but it was too far away to get a picture , might try later today.

Home and built up my Karcher washer, and the shoe rack, so that was a bit of occupational therapy for me - before the bowls. Enough said, that was a waste of time, I should have stayed at home - played terrible, but then, with no practice, what can I expect. My excuse was a sore back, which will need sorted in due course.

I see that it is Prince Philip's 88th Birthday today, well done Sir, and that he is presenting Gold Award Certificates at Buckingham Palace. I remember receiving my Gold Award Certificate ( a very long time agao) in the Great Hall at Edinburgh Castle, it was a great experience. Subsequently, over the years, I was present on a number of occasions in Holyrood Palace where he was presenting awards there.

Looks like Gordon Ramsay is causing a great stir in Oz, getting back as good as he has given - the way they are taking it , they might well want to put him on a tall ship and send him home - storm in a tea cup / soup bowl. I wonder how many of his critics are able to run a marathon and do the fund raising he does.

Checking the Tracker, I see a hit from the USA looking for Pentland Copper Craft, business of Mr McKay, formerly in the Old Police Station, West Street, Penicuik - which brings back memories - and having said that i missed Graeme McKay's birthday last week - he has always been older than me!! ( by ten days).

I made a mistake with the wine tasting night , it is the 25th - so hopefully Lawrence and Go Jo have got their diaries sorted.

No comments: