Wednesday 23 February 2011

Early morning ramble - from the armchair

Long restless night, heavy rain outside and feeling totally frustrated that I cannot get up, out and on with a normal life yet.

Sitting listening to Bob Malcolm on Forth 2, smooth as ever, at least he has not changed and still manages all these early rises and that daily run into the City from Carlops (home of Alan Ramsay). His prize for the quiz today was a DVD on "Executive Stress" , which obviously would be of no use at all to me, I would probably end up eating it !!

Thought I would have heard from mailto:Grant@Photgenix, but he is a busy boy these days with his new job which has seen him going up in the world, literally, he text me the other day from the top of the chimney at Cockenzie Power Station - downside has been that so far he has lost two phones which have fallen out his pocket and dropped down chimneys he has been inspecting - I am sure his insurance company find it a bit mysterious.

After the last two defeats at rugby, the Scottish team have enlisted the aid of Scott Hastings to advertise this Sunday's match at Murrayfield against Ireland. He is suggesting that if the supporters turn up in their droves the team will respond and try even harder. I was under the impression last night that we had five players with injuries to contend with so far - and if I was fitter I might even have got my old boots out. Sorry chaps, nearest I will be to Murrayfield will be in an armchair looking at the "box" provided Mrs B does not want to see the Eastenders omnibus.

Bad news coming out of New Zealand with the death toll in the earthquake rising as the hours go by and people remain missing or trapped - not sure if Christchurch is one of the venues for the forthcoming rugby world cup.

No comments: