Monday 21 February 2011

Fine dining - questionable, but I did not starve

Just thought I would share my hospital memories with you, meals were generally not too bad considering the numbers of folks being catered for, however, yesterday my baked potato and cheese , with supposed carrot and coriander soup was NOT what I expected !!!! - But I suppose that after so long I was becoming institutionalised and thought it was not too bad, however I did (latterly) when mobile sneak off in the morning for a bacon roll in the canteen and had a hoard of biccies to dunk in my tea.
My bed, which was moved from ward to ward with me in it was quite comfy and adjustable but not as good as my own wee scratcher at home - so tonight will be a real treat.

Sadly my views from the ward were not the most awe inspiring, although on a clear day from Ward 23 I could see the Hillend ski slope at Lothianburn, and knew that home was not that far beyond it. BUT I cannot complain about the standard of nursing treatment I received throughout my three stays at the Western General, so a big thank you to the staff, all of them from the Consultants, nurses, cleaners, etc.






I would also like to thank my friens who managed to get in to see me (bringing red X parcels) and also those who managed to helpme improve my texting skills by sending a steady stream of messages to reply to.

No comments: