Monday 7 March 2011

A few minutes of catch up

Hard to believe it is now Monday again , how time flies, etc. Returned to the Western General Hospital again on Friday, however this time I was allowed to go home again after seeing the Dr., who was pleased with my progress, although not too amused that there was still a hole big enough to use as dipping dish (for sauce for the chips, etc) in my abdomen. Nothing a tub of polyfilla will not cure.

Managed an early morning visit to The Mercat Bar, which was nice, seeing more of the staff again after my nine weeks enforcedc absence, although one of the regular customers, having forgotton why I was away thought I was on an extended holiday !!!!. But Lawrence, reader of the blog knew where I was and what was happening.

The Dolphin Inn continues to take up a bit of our time as the new changes are implemented, but so far there has been more positive than negative feedback from the customers - but as they say " Rome was not built in a day", however I believe they also said that God "created the Earth in six days" - difference is we are still waiting for a day off!!! Still a lot to do, but I have lots of praise for our young chef, Gary, who has been brilliant and worked tirelessly all week - now he has fallen foul of his mother because he has been neglecting his lizards !!

But I do have the next "49 Club" dinner to look forward to, next Thursday, 17th at the Carlton Highland Hotel, Edinburgh, nice menu by the looks of things and some fine wines to wash down the chips.

Still waiting to see if Tam ( No 1 Soj. RA) has made it safely back from India, I spotted a bit of his video on Facebook last week as he was commuting to the office in Bangalore, winding his way past "tut tuts", cattle, bicycles and hundreds of pedestrians - brought back a few memories. On the other hand I caught up with Mr Photogenix who has become a serious jet setter and high mileage driver in his new job. So far he has not increased his tally of lost phones despite several high chimneys in the past week - I did think his 3D TV was "dead barry", but with all his travelling, when will he get to see it ?

All being well I will be considering trying to make a few meetings soon, Special at 720 Dalhousie Bonnyrigg on 15th, Esk 42 RA on 9th March, but I did miss the Squaremen on Sat past - But Sparky Mark put in an appearance and showed the flag for the Penicuik contingent.

Time has caught uo with me - must dash.

No comments: