Wednesday 16 March 2011

My former "baby sitter" - rolling back the years.


Following on to the previous blog - " a funny thing happened to me". So, having arrived at Currie yesterday with lots of time to spare and having an old document relating to my former home in Lanark road West, I dropped in to see the previous owners who I had previously met about two years ago. They were very interested in the paperwork which I had found and took copies for a file which they had on the property. However, they said that there was a local lady who wanted to speak to me and took me across the road to meet Judith Murray nee Brown who I had not seen since my departure south in 1963. Mrs Murray used to babysit for me and my sister when we were youngsters and she, along with her parents were close friends of the family. She was delighted to see me and we spent some time chatting before I had to leave for the funeral service, but not before I had to promise faithfully to return.

No comments: