Thursday 14 March 2013

Cryptic Council, Hermitage of Braids

Snow seems to have sneaked away for a few days, but if predictions are correct we will have more over the weekend.
Last night I took myself off to Dalkeith to a meeting of the Hermitage of Braids Cryptic Council, initially to get away from the computer,  however when I arrived at the lodge, jam packed with members from all over the World.   We had four Frenchmen,  five visitors from Burma, three from Bermuda ,  the First Grand Principal of the Royal Arch, Ian Fraser, the Grand Scribe,  members of Provincial, and so on -  If I had been sitting in the T.I.M.'s ( Chris Nicol)  seat I would have been having kittens with such an attendance.
The whole meeting was an exceptional experience, with the visitors from Supreme; from the Far East; from Provincial; and locally -   T. I. M.  did a  superb job,  and there were two local members in addition to the three members from Bermuda progressing through the degrees-   eventually two of the Bermudan officers were iniated into chair positions, and amidst the workings, Glen Merritt was given Honorary membership.

As is normal with the unexpected evenings,  this turned out to be a brilliant experience for all, and a big miss for those who could not make it.
Nice to get a chance to talk to Ian Fraser, First Principal of the Royal Arch,  on home ground between trips around the World promoting the R A. - having a few days in Edinburgh finishing off with teh Supreme Council on the 15th -  just a pity I do not have a ticket for the meeting and dinner.




No comments: