Friday 5 June 2015

Bit of todoo today

Been a bit of a day for me,  up and on the road sharp on the by 0830,   via West Linton, heading for Broughton, when a fruitcake passed me on a blind summit, near miss !!  then over the Devil's Beef Tub to Moffat, and then on to Dumfries for a wee job there.   Onwards eventually, Moffat then the back road towards St Mary's Loch, stopping for a distance shot of the Grey Mare's Tail waterfall - not up for a walk through the countryside.

Weather had been cold and wet, but as I headed East it got warmer,  through Selkirk, St Boswells, Earlston  where I had to stop and strip off as it was "fair boiling".  Short run then to Duns and into Border Bikes to get the bike tweeked.     There was a rider in with his bike who had left North Wales at 4 am to come up and get his machine a service - he left at 1 pm, heading back home .
I had my Spot 3 up and running so folks were flowing my progress during the day - think I need to change the timings from 5 to maybe 15 minute reports.
Eventually headed home,  new MOT, bike tweeked, and me fair jiggered.

Mercat Grill really busy today, so looks like a trip to Cash and Carry in the morning - then perhaps a trip to the big City. 

No comments: