Monday 7 December 2015

Another NHS statistic

Sitting here at home this evening when I should have been lying in a hospital bed doped up to my eyes !!    Arrived at the ERI at 0700 this morning -  changed, all gowned and suited up when Dr arrived for a wee chat while the knives were being sharpened  !!  Discovered that I have been wrongly advised over the stopping of medications so decided that due to the increased risk element -  he would cancel the Operation while things were being sorted and then try again at a later date.  One "seriously miffed" individual headed back to work - good job I had not arrived in jammies and dressing gown as proposed.   BUT  BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.

One consolation at least ,  I still have the Steed of Steel road taxed so I may even get out if the floods subside and the snow stays away.


No comments: