Thursday 25 February 2016

Music awards a big let down, afteR all the hype

here I am wanting entertained and listened to all the advertising about last nights award ceremony in the O,2  so took to bed, nice and comfy, what a let down.   It was so disappointing to see the so called stars being caught out trying to perform live at the show,  Ant and DEC, No idea what they were playing at, nowhere near their own standards, Cold Play, Beiber, most of the main guests were a disaster.star of the show was certainly Adele who proved how much better she was than anyone else, and Annie Lenox gave a superb tribute to the late David Bowie .  Next time I will be back at the great British bake off .
Now reading a thriller by Terry Hayes, I AM PILGRIM,  which everyone is raving about,, at 892 pages it will take several hours !!! To get through it, but with this enforced regime of R&R that should not be a problem.
Brilliant seeing the iconic Flying Scotsman train back on the tracks again heading for its new base in York, but even better to know that it will regularly be out touring the UK.
My friend David Black popped in today for a blether, a d as they say how time flies when you are enjoying yourself, what a great afternoon.

Although I missed it the wine dinner at the grill last Saturday was a great success, and there are already plans for a follow up event later in the year.

Missing out on my Masonic meetings, however, hopefully my brothers and companions will appreciate my circumstances.


No comments: