Monday 13 June 2016

Another day older , as they say, now just waiting to see where the next bill comes from.

Very pleasant weekend to celebrate the passing of yet another year,  now getting to the stage where I start wondering if it is worth buying a new pair of shoes !!!!!   having said that I did get a new pair of "dress" sandles for my birthday , just need to break with tradition and get a nice pair of socks to wear with them and show just how much class and style I have.
Dinner out on Saturday night, very nice,  even opted to take Bombay Saphire and tonic instead of my usual red wine.  Sunday, trailed over to Makro only to discover that hey are reducing the number of "lines" they stock, so a wasted journey, but when I did get home it was footie time, much to Mrs B's annoyance.
Still suffering from side effects of new medication so having to rest more than usual, real pain in the proverbial butt.
Last night spotted this lovely wee motor cycle on a trailer in Penicuik, 1954, DMW,  195 cc, which was bought by owners father and had been in a garage from 1961 till two years ago, now beautifully restored.
It has taken me a long time to get beyond switching my computer on and off,   so this morning, while resting I discovered some old photos which have been hidden away for six years, taken when our group from the South East Of Scotland Licensed Trade Assoc visited Avignon in 2008.   We took the chance then to meet up with our friends in L'Isle Sur La Sorgue so I have no hesitation in adding a couple of Francoise and Antoine (RIP) Nicolas, who have been such good friends.

No comments: