Friday 10 June 2016

Once again, time and tide, as they say -

Left Castlebrae last Friday night, two says early as I had had enough, or should I say that I felt I had not benefitted as much this visit as on my previous one.  Never mind, I had a few days rest and some lovely runs around the beautiful Scottish countryside.
Home, and back to my wee jobs, pottering about the house and garden, couple of ride outs on the Steed,  and generally keeping myself occupied.   Current problems being exacerbated by a new drug which makes me seriously fatigued at times when rest is the only resort.
Very fortunate with a few more days of super weather, however, we did get hammered by hailstones and flash floods mid week, not amusing, with a fair bit of damage in Penicuik.
Popped into the Mercat Grill several times for various reasons, place has been doing well, keeping everyone on their toes.
Today was a bit of a treat, afternoon tea at Prestonfield House Hotel, Edinburgh, very nice indeed, setting is marvellous, and certainly the best we have had in the Edinburgh area, but not as nice as Claridges.
Tonight, a special meeting at Loanhead RA, Honour Concord and Fidelity, with two candidates, both members of the Widow's Sons,  (prolific charity fund raisers) good turnout, just a pity I had to leave early but having done my bit, and feeling iffy, it was home to rest.

No comments: