Saturday 2 December 2017

Saturday 2nd, 720 Installation.

Bit of a surprise to be typing here tonight,  today I had five different appointments in my diary,   9am  funeral of Norman Saunderson,  member of RA  Loanhead, Honor Concord and Fidelity, a real wee gent, super mason and brilliant in his time:  11am  funeral of David Ewart who used to be a waterman at Glencorse Reservoir and then moved up to Logan cottage  between the two reservoirs, Davy used to look after my Labrador, Goldie,  when we were on holiday,  it was like sending the dog to a health spa, he was always looking brilliant when we got him home.    1 pm  Squaremen at Haymarket,   and  2 pm   KT;s  St Bernard De Clairveaux at Newbattle,  however having been ill yesterday , slept all night in a chair and still ill this morning,  just not realistic.    However, I was committed to going to the Installation at Lodge Dalhousie  Bonnyrigg  No 720 at 5 pm where I was to present the Harmony jewel to Neil Russell who was being reinstalled for his second year.   Must say, a brilliant installation by Alex Mcbeth, doing his first ever, faultless.  I think there were ninety seven present who witnessed a super degree, well done.   Just unfortunate that I was unwell as I no doubt missed an excellent Festival of St John,  (especially when  I was supposed to be a top table guest).

No comments: