Sunday 7 January 2018

Now into 2017, what’s new.

Firstly, according to tradition , I need to wish one and all “all the best for the New Year”, And despite being a grumpy old so and so I genuinely do.
New year and this following week has been as hectic as usual at the Grill, so I am pleased to say that I did manage to eventually get a day off on Wednesday.
For those who have fled our native shores for sunnier climes, they will be pleased to know that weather here has been crap, wet, windy and cold .  BUT despite that I have been able to get out on the “Time Machine” and had a wee run down to see Andy at Border Bikes,  But the bad news being that the Steed of Steel is still in Dock, now waiting on a new tank as the original is now weeping fuel like a sieve.
National news,  despite buying three papers a day, I tend to look at the births , deaths and marriages, and provided my name is not in print I am quite happy.  TV news also brings on bouts of depression so better that I pretend to be like an Ostrich and bury my head in the sands.   I do that Andy Murray has ha down to return home from upside down land tohave some real work done on his hip,  it was pretty obvious on the T. That he was suffering from his bad hip and should never have been away and playin* so perhaps he was doing what his sponsors wanted.
Trip into Edinburgh last week, visited two of  Weatherspoons finest establishments, and sadly on these occasions not impressed.   Caley was understaffed so food was being left overlong on the gantry, and on this occasion mediocre.  Standing Oder, and with my long history and association of the place, so disappointed with the state of cleanliness, especially down in the toilet area which was badly I need of a deep clean!!  Bit smelly.

Princess Street, home to however many beggars, many ho can earn a tidy living sitting there looking miserable, probabaly doing better off than me !!  Just a shame that the con men and chancers do spoil



it for those who are genuinely in need .  Already documented by journalists who have tailed several of the so called beggars and know that they are making a good living from their con.
Much as I would like to help,  no way am I being taken as a mug.  
Along the same lines, there were the usual folks trying to get members of the public to sign up to the big charities, so much a month direct debit, etc. So the recruiters get a bonus which I believe to be 70p in the £.        next on this theme we have a former MO who is earning £400k plus as CEO of a major charity receiving hundreds of millions in Foreign Aid!!!   Again an example of big charities being run as commercial enterprises to the benefit of the few.  Add the corrupt payments to foreign officials and the beneficiaries get very little of the original donations.

Bit like the pressure advertising on the TV for these £3 a month donations,  Leopards, Polar Bears, Water purification, homeless, and so on,  when you subscribe to own your name gets added to a data base and then you get hunted. hence the number of folks who have signed up for multiple donations to several organisations.

Maybe next time















No comments: