Saturday 20 January 2018

A kind of poke in the ribs.

Couple of days ago I was asked why my blogs had deteriorated over past year and I had to be honest and say tha5 I had been put off by a “friend” who was more than derogatory about mine.   However, while I’ll i obviously had little to write about as I was not leading my usually active life, and in addition , I do not know how to get pics from this I pad into the blog so have to remember to take a camera with me and use another lap top to do the blog, and that one appears to have a virus.

Anyway, snow here has me suffering from PMS.  [parked motorcycle syndrome),  creeping into the garage and checking that the optimiser is still keeping the battery live.

Masonic season well underway,  so this week it was the OES,   Tuesday, missed the lodge due to a snowstorm, Wednesday, the OES was cancelled due to the adverse weather again, Thursday , made it to Castlepark RA at Bonnyrigg,  bit chilly, but good meeting.   Today was at a District event for the OES so congratulations to Martha and John Black for their appointments as WM and WP of the Eastern District OES.

Back to the snow again,  just a bit annoying when I get home and have no parking* space because the folks up the hill behind us feel they hadve a greater need of getting to work than we do, so , in fear of being snowed in they discover that they have a pair of legs capable of reaching their car if it is on apiece of the famous black strip.

Mercat Grill has a couple of great nights coming up,   27 th January an Australian themed wine night, food and drink at £25 if precooked,  and on the 10th Feb a German beer night (£15) food and beers as a fundraiser for the Rotary International.

Nice wee touch tonight by Ian Stevens one of my old Department, who put up a pic of a Vandalbuster ruler, which we designed and produces way back in 1988 at the start of our successful Schoolwatch programme.  in those days I had a marvellous proactive team of guys working with me.

IPA (International Police Association) still active,  next regional meeting for me is in Stirling on 11th February,  work being done now for Friendship Week in 2019.

The E&SESALTA  Now has a countdown on the trip to South Africa in January 2019, a week of visiting wineyards, with the option of an add on holiday.



1 comment:

shakey said...

Not much of a "friend" if they made you feel like that Stuart. Get going again with the Blogs. I and others do miss them. Next time I'm up your way will nip in a d see if I can help to try and get your photos onto the Blog.