Friday 2 February 2018

Checked out the Steed at Border Bikes

yet another week passed without a scribble, just not like me.  But despite previous adverse comments, today I was asked when my next epistle would be on line.
So,  start simply,  because I had to do my Costco run this morning en route to the Mercat Grill I was in the car and decided that time being against me I did not have time to go home for the Time Machine. I then headed east along the A1 and down to Duns to play catch up with Andy Mimms at Border Bikes.  He has been caring for the Steed of Steel for me and now after 26 years the petrol tank has kind of sprung a leak, so a new one / second hand one is now required ASAP so I can back on my favourite pair of wheels.   After my blether and cuppa I stoped off at the Black Bull Hotel, Duns , fo4 a quick hello with the Boss, who is a member of our E&SESALTA group, wee chance to meet personally rather than the phone calls.
Back onto the A1 where it became a case of “any speed you can do I can go faster”, I was certainly going fast enough, next someone would race by me, and within  minutes someone else going even faster would pass both of us. Quite surprising the speeds some people travel at, AND are obviously watching their mirrors as they kept slowing down to check out the following faster cars,  “just in case”.
Watching TV over the lap top, and Mrs B commenting about the overpaid presenters, soaking up our license fees.   Just because they are on the tele does not automatically mean that they have sensible opinions or comments.    In their defence most of them earn less than some of our illiterate prima dona football types who can hardly sting a sentence together.
Masonic season underway so being a member of several different organisations mean s that I spend a lot of time out at the moment. Blues, RA, KT,s, Conclave , Squaremen, Corkies, and OES.    New 1st Principle of the Royal Arch being installed next month due to the retirement of Iain Fraser on Ill health.
Things looking up at the Mercat Grill, excellent Australian themed wine night last week,  next up a German Style beer festival on 10th Feb with funds going to Rotary International.
Good luck to Scotland in th Six Nations Rugby which kicks off tomorrow.

No comments: