Thursday 8 February 2018

Customer service costs nothing, but the lack of it !!

putting pen to paper so to speak, as steam coming from my ears following a trip to Cameron Toll Shopping Centre this morning.    I was in to have a bit of engraving done by my friends in Timpson’s shoe repair shop.  On my way in popped in to Clark’s shoe shop where a nice young lady(Lynsey) greeted me, however being set for other task I left.  Saw Kevin at Timpson’s and organised his wee task for me, to be collected next week.    On my way back through the store, spotted a Trespass Outdoor shop, and having made a purchase last week in their shop in Livingston I decided to go in and make a repeat purchase,  oops,  not to be the case as the two staff were far too busy talking to each other so both myself and a lady customer were ignored.  I ended up walking out and they lost a possible £60 sale.  from there I looked into Shoe Zone, that is all I did as the two zombies on duty stared right through me,   Left there and went back into Clark’s where a second assistant (Nicola) greeted me. No fuss, no hassle and I made a purchase, leaving the shop a happy bunny with a new pair of shiny shoes.   Three excellent staff who were a credit to the Company,  just proves that good customer service does count.

Change of subject,  lots of frustrated motorists about to be stuck in two sets of road works starting on the A701 next week,   One set for three weeks at Ploverhall, by Bilston, and the other for a week at Captains Road.  Not a journey to look forward to for a while.   Our planners have once again shown how bad they are.  Certainly will not be using that route or shopping in Edinburgh if I can avoid it for a while.

German Beer festival at the Mercat Grill this Saturday night, food and entertainment all organised.

Busy Masonic week,  Star, Conclave, Lodge, Chapter and another Lodge so far !!!!

No comments: