Saturday 15 January 2011

Muriel Taylor and Jock McNair, R I P

Well, having written about the late Grahame Allan last night, today I have had word of another two friends who died while I was away from home.

Firstly Muriel Taylor from Penicuik, wife of Alf, who met Mrs B. this morning thus letting us know what had happened to Muriel a couple of weeks ago. Muriel and Alf are friends of many years who were very involved in the Penicuik Town twinning link with L'Isle Sur LA Sorgue, France. They travelled almost annually to l'Isle where they had a strong network of friends - Muriel died peacefully at home, unexpectedly and will be missed by all.

I then heard from Carolanne that her father Jock McNair, a Burn's man from Mauchline, Ayrshire, who I wrote about a couple of years ago, had died on Wednesday a few days after taking a massive stroke from which he never recovered. He also will be missed by all.

No comments: