Monday 18 February 2013

All set for a day in bed

Frosty Monday morning following a lovely three days of sunshine.   Stunning skies last night, nice and clear to see the meteors heading towards our part of the galaxy,   I see that the conspiracy theorists are having a hay day about last weeks incident in Russia.

Read your E  mails properly,  I had two from British Gas last week, and would normally have ignored them as I have one of these contracts which pegs price increases -  however, after a lot of fiddling I was able to read them and discovered that they were going to nearly double my monthly Direct Debits -  thoughts !!   bad enough not feeling well physically, but wallet was getting wellied also - so after a phone call to a pleasant young lad down South all was resolved, - nearly -    just shows how we get shafted by these big companies without realising it.

Mercat Grill was busy over the weekend, with a lot more folks coming back to see what is happening there and enjoy a good meal.    The Mercat Bar  had a wedding reception there on saturday,  place looked brilliant, and the whole event went off very well.
Got our race night at the Grill next month - wee fund raiser, should be a good night, just need some happy punters to bet on the races.

Heading off to the hospital shortly for a wee procedure,   Dr says I will be able to play footall afterwards, which is good because I have never been able to play football !!   I have the ERI sandwiches to look forward to, and maybe soup!!!   

No comments: