Saturday 9 February 2013

Lizards, birds and sport of the week.

For a bit of a change, a few wee animals who I met on my travels on Thursday,  I did ask if the Iguana had eaten the head off the tortoise, but no,  it was safe and sound.
The budgies of course reminded me of the title of this blog, and of our "wee Bluey"  lost and gone forever.
 
 There were lots of other animals , but next time I am up in that part of the World I will take my other camera with me.

So what a week,  Scottish footballers and our rugby team both had good wins,   but the ladies rugby team were soundly hammered by the English.
The only downside of the success on the football field were a couple of numpties, flushed with the win, woke me and everyone for miles around at 4 a.m. with their singing and shouting - pity.
I am sure our rugby supporters will disperse quietly hand head home for a sherry and a bit of shortcake.    Having first been by the Mercat Bar for a nibble on the hog roast -  the sacrificial piggy was devoured in quick time by the fans heading to Murrayfield.

Two good features in the Evening News and Daily Record about 15 yr old Charli Evans,  a young lady from  Bonnyrigg, who had a stroke last year, which saved her life.    Heading down to the Ex Serviceman's Club there this evening where Grant@photogenix and friends are holding a race night to raise funds for the hospital -  even has a couple of "piggy races" in the can, the loser might end up on the spit at our next hog roast !!!! 

No comments: