Wednesday 27 February 2013

Brilliant sunshine, excellent photo calls

Contrasting weather here,  Minus 2.5 C  this morning and plus 10.5c this afternoon, and tonight , back below zero once again.

Monday had a wee trip to the city Mercat for lunch before the Johnston's of Chobham headed South on the big silver bird and to return to their work in progress. 

Tuesday, early start and off to Dumfries where I started off with a superb bacon buttie, then out into a brilliant sunny day, cold, but lovely and had two hours wander around a beautiful estate.  seriously upset when I discovered that the battery in my camera was dead and I could not get the pics I wanted.  There was a Shetland pony with a serious attitude problem, thought it was a Clydesdale Horse, a slithery snake which thought I was lunch because I tasted of horse; cows which were of their own violation queueing up to get milked by a robot !! and then having a wee scrub down with automatic brushes - would have made brilliant photos.
On my way home up the A701, over the Devil's Beeftub, and again missed out on some fabulous photo options. Was taking my time, unlike the poor souls who were being captured by the sneaky speed camera which is regularly on that route.   Having said that, I was spoken to on Friday night by a very polite and efficient young traffic Police Officer - must compliment him, and accept his advice.

Sparky Mark, MEZ was in action last night at RA 500, along with Tommy Trout, and Dougie Neil,   even had me as a Sub Candidate which was quite interesting - good night and fist class buffet afterwards - so for those who went elsewhere or stayed at home - you missed yourselves.

Once again, sun shone brightly today,  and I was in the Mercat Grill  where a young "scum bag" popped in to try and fiddle the bandit,  BUT, the eagle eyed Wyze One, spotted his slight of hand before he got the chance to drop the jackpot and young hoodlum fled - so when I get a copy of his photo from CCTV the local Constabulary and pubwatch will get the details so our colleagues will be wised up.

Was hoping to take in a wine tasting on Thursday,  but other tasks must take precedence, and Friday - back up to Cupar (with camera).

No comments: