Friday 17 May 2013

It can only get better

Seems a bit sad, but true -  there I was at 3.30 a.m. this morning, wide awake and considering putting a few words down on the blog!   But worse than that , knowing that I was heading to Booker's cash and Carry early doors, I was getting wound up at the fact that they charge £5.67 for a kilo of Lurpak, whilst Costco sell the same at £3.69 -   so when I did eventually get to Bookers at 9 a.m.,  seriously in need of spending time calm in a darkened room, I threatened the poor manager that I was going to see if hisn establishment deserved to be subjected to the same scrutiny as I give Tesco when seeking their daily diddles.

BUT even worse, there I was, about to go to hospital for a check up, and with my bloodpressure somewhere up in the atmosphere !!!    Surprisingly though, when it was checked out a bit later - due to a very long wait as the Doctors were being very good and thorough with the patients,  it was fine , VG+  in fact.     Only downside to the visit was that I was 100% OK with regard as to my being at that clinic,  but am no further forward with my currently more persistent aches and pains - so it is back to the GP and the Surgeon again.

What a lovely day today - not sure if it is summer - but we have blue skies once again,  and a bad weather warning for tomorrow which is not nice as I am taking a group of visiting IPA members form Europe out for the day.  Hopefully they do not have too hectic an evening tonight -  but I am sure a strong breeze blowing through the ramparts at Edinburgh Castle in the morning will fix them.

Odd comment from a motorcyclist who appeared wearing his headphones, playing music from his "gadget" -  it was to prevent stray thoughts in his mind from distracting him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Managed a session on the bowling green on Tuesday eveing, however,  even with no rain and a wee bit sun it was "dashed chilly" to say the least,  but id also convince me that I am still not fit to compete in the Commonwealth Games -  so if I cannot compete, and am not alllowed to busk or shake my tinnie at the poor unsuspecting visitors, I may not have an excuse to attend -  unless of course - I do the right thing and buy a ticket to go and be part of the spectacle.

Not yet au fait with the breaking story about Heart of Midlothian FC possible going into receivership, and being relegated -  A  real pity for those fans who invested hard earned money in shares at the last life saving event.  BUT again an example of greedy bankers influencing all parts of our society -  shocking.

No comments: