Sunday 9 June 2013

Dinners and Celebrations

The thought of a hose pipe ban worries me, after this bright spell and with my new bedding plants in place,  I need either rain or a hose to feed my babies -  however,  not to worry, rain is in the air tonight and more to follow later in the week - so summer must be over for this year.

Had a busy week, between the pubs and things.
These young ladies,  all "Sisters" in one sense (OES) were in for dinner on Friday night, becoming well kent regulars.

Change of subject, bicycles - and the mad cap scheme to make motorists liable in all cases where there is an accident involving a cyclist - how many times have I seen cyclist riding on footpaths, going through red lights, wrong way up one way streets, and riding in the dark without lights and in dark clothing, etc.    I am generally quite anti cyclist,  however, this morning I watched a taxi in Musselburgh take several side swipes at chap on a racing cycle, blatantly aggressive and bang out of order.

Ended up working late last night so I was unable to make it for the whole evening, however I eventually made it late on to see how the intrepid sportsmen were managing down at the Tranent Lodge- good was the answer,  happy lads, and they were enjoying themselves - so I left them in peace and went back to clean my pipes.

Back to tonight, attended at Bonnyrigg Lodge Dalhousie, where there was a surprise party for Robbie and Irene's Silver wedding anniversary -  quite a surprise when they arrived and found the hall full of family and friends, lovely night had by all, and thanks to the girls for organising it so well.

No comments: