Tuesday 4 June 2013

Pleasant surprise- Upside folks on my doorstep

Not sure what has happened with the weather,  but four days on a row is very much like our summer and autumn rolled into one - still no excuse for our winter fuel allowance to be scrubbed!!! considering we had the central heating on last week.
However,  last night I had a surprise call from Rikkie and Kevin,   from the land of Oz,  but who were Edinburgh.   Last seen by me three years ago when we travelled together in the USA.    Met up later in the evening at the Mercat Bar for a drink and catch up - and as I paid for the drinks, I now have to make my way to Stockton, NSW so that he can return the compliment.

At the time of writing, they are now heading home, via Dubai, long trip and should be there by Thursday.
Bit of a coincidence as another couple from the same trip, and also from the Land of Oz, are stopping off to see me in a couple of weeks.

Have to compliment our intrepid Dart team charity walkers on Sunday who raised nearly £1400 which is going to the Radio Forth Children's in Need Appeal.

BUT  I am not amused at the Puppeteers in Brussels who are wanting to reduce the power of our vacuum cleaners,  in an effort to save electricity -  me , I love my Dyson, especially on full blast when the dreaded dirt bugs are getting laldy - even my "Henri the Hoover" at the pub -  what would I do without their immense sook?

All the best to Kai and Lindsay who are heading off to Perth, land of Oz to start a new life,

Not sure what has happened to my new car, a VW Golf,  car dealer is trying to tell me that the onboard computer is confused since I bought it, and cannot cope with my style of driving - piffle - far too much technology in motors these days,  plug it into a computer and change a part - what happened to good old fashioned motor engineers.   I have a wee flash back to the well known and late "sonny" Swinton who used to tune the twin carbs on Jaguar cars using a rubber tube against his cheek.   And a few nights ago I was speaking my friend, Subaru man,  a real motor engineer, whose sons are building car engines from scratch, modifying motors - no time for drugs or TV games (old school).

Missed out on my bowls tonight, as I was not home in time,  and next week busy -  so sadly I have had , once again, to scrub my ties at the bowling club.

Next few days - going to be busy - plenty booking so far.

No comments: