Saturday 20 July 2013

Elizabeth ( Betty) Just, R I P.

Some sad news this morning when I was told that my former next door neighbour,  Betty Just had passed away quietly during the night.  I had known Betty and her late husband Otto  since around 1969 when I briefly lived in lodgings in the same block of flats as they did in Loanhead.  It was pure coincidence that we ended up living the house next door to them in 1980.
They were lovely neighbours,  Betty was from Leith and even latterly, while in the Residential home talked about her school days in Leith -  and I also used to visit her during the night shift at Loanhead Hospital where she was a night nurse.
A non swimmer all her life , she took swimming lessons aged 60 yrs, and she and Otto enjoyed their trips to Loanhead  leisure centre

She will be missed by the family, and as we will be away we will miss the funeral, so our thoughts must go to Richard, Monica and Andrew. 

No comments: