Thursday 25 July 2013

Terribly hot old chap - need a hat and all that

Had a long day in the sun,  very hot at about 33 C so I eventually ended up in a rather chilly swimming  pool.  Once the heart started beating again it was nice and refreshing. 

Off to the hairdressers for a quick blow and brush straighten,  not me, then off for a wander and dinner.  Persuaded to eat in a beach view restaurant, pork chop was nice, but once again not quite what I am used to at home.

Back for coffee and cake (Mrs B.) then up to the Sky Bar for a drink   100ml  measures of Bombay Saphire plus tonic -  may sleep tonight.
Sky Bar, well named as there is minimal lighting so that you can study the stars which were coming out, fascinating -  reminded me of Egypt and also the centre down in Dumfries and Galloway where folks go to avoid light pollution.
Spotted someone have a bash at the two cocktails and ten shots offer !!    Not me though,  not tonight anyway 

No comments: