Thursday 22 May 2014

Back in the real world.

No such thing as R & R now,  back to the grindstone once more at the Mercat Grill,  lots of wee tasks to keep me occupied, and with the Family fun day on Saturday 24th time is certainly running out.

For those who have not already heard, we have pulled out of the Mercat Bar at West Maitland Street, no surprises there - how were we supposed to survive through all the years of disruption by the tramworks - and despite what the Councillors ( heads stuck up their external orifices) say, we are not alone in having struggled on - but, end of an era at Haymarket, I will miss the customers, many who sent me kind wishes whilst I was in hospital.

Bit of a story line in River City tonight on TV -  about corruption within a local authority -  now these script writers do not pluck story lines out of thin air -  and we have just heard of a massive five thousand house development being approved for the Shawfair wedge -  mind you it has been in the planning stage for around twenty years.

Missing my sessions at Castlebrae,  so as a reminder have a wee look at two of the facilities:-
, you may note the client in the centre of the photo whose diet was just a bit too drastic!!

Only ten more sleeps now till I head off with the IPA Motor Cycle group on our tour of Europe making for the IPA - Italian Section rally in the Dolomite's.  Still got a few final  tasks to complete -  in the meantime I am arguing left right and centre with the "lady voice"  on my Garmin Zumo 660 sat nav -  I was heading into Edinburgh on Tuesday, and for fun set the sat nav - which had be going every which way -  I could see my destination but it was trying to send me on another route - I suppose I should really try following the instructions just to see if I do really get to where I was planning.

Just heard a bit of earth shattering news,  the Scottish Parliament, currently in the throes of the impending Referendum, are planning on introducing a 5p charge for plastic carrier bags as from October - the net proceeds to go to charity - SNP will not need the funds as they are being well funded by the Euro lottery winners (Reid's)
.
Metal thieves are causing havoc around here,  dozens of cast iron manhole covers have been stolen from the local roads - time these so and so's were getting their come uppers.  someone must know who is responsible, and the scrap metal dealers buying the stuff are not that stupid not to suspect -  just happy to keep coining it in.

No comments: