Thursday 20 November 2014

Ran before I could walk - so to speak.

Kind of overdid things a bit too quickly after my brief stay in hospital last week.   Made it to Glasgow on Monday night for the annual dinner of the Guild of Maltmen, full house in the Merchants Hall with RGB in the chair - nice way to celebrate his birthday.   Meal was first class and ambiance superb - I just had to take it easy, even so I was kind of jiggered by the time I got back to the hotel (Premier Inn).  Anyway, we had taken the train both ways so it was a quiet run home, and time to get the feet up.
Fell fowl of the Doctor yesterday morning who wants me to take it easy for a few days until my chest infection and related chest pains ease off a bit- so that is what I aim to do.  Just a pity I am having to cancel the E Div dinner at Tranent and the Grand Superintendents dinner this weekend.

Bit of a blow for Scotland fans on Tuesday night after England gave them a wee bit of a thumping - just a good job it did not affect their euro chances.

No comments: