Thursday 13 November 2014

Through the wars once again

Seems like I eventually tempted providance - or was it that I forgot my sun had and was stupid enough to not buy a replacment - more later.

Our holiday routine continued,  beach by 7am,  breakfast 8am back to beach; lunch 1 pm; return to beach;  3.40 drinkies till sunset; changed ; drinkies; dinner at 8pm and usually in bed watching movies by 9,30pm - how boring.

Hotel was lovely, place very clean, choice and presentation of food excellent,  however it was not long before I began to feel the effects of the sun and the local water.
Managed a couple of lovely evening meals in the Chinese and the Meditteranean themed restaurants, but on Saturday had to admit defeat and retire to bed unwell, mainly with sore stomach and wild headaches which I put down to a mild dose of sunstroke.

Hotel staff  sent me herbal teas, etc and as I missed more meals expressed concers to Mrs. B.; suggesting I go to the clinic, but I stupidly failed to heed their advice.     Sunday - feeling worse that "shitty" survived the day on sips of water only.
Monday am  now seriously concerned as we were due to fly home in the evening I eventually got the Egyptian equivalent of Diacalm which worked faily rapidly halting my somewhat draining trips to the loo.

Hotel Front Office staff alowed us to keep the room on allowing me peace to rest antill we were nearer leaving time.     Then ran me to the Reception area by buggy where we waited on the wee coach for transfer.  Must praise Holiday Village Coral sea resort staff for making our holiday a memorable event.

Turned out that our flight was the last to leave that evening so we had a very easy passage through baggage inspection, drop off, visa and passport control.
By this time I was prety knackered so had to try and rest before the final short journey to the plane which was bang on time.

Eventually boarded, same seats so plenty space and tried to settle, but shortly after take off an observant stewardess came and expressed concerns about my health - I ended up with three seats in a row, pillows, blankets and was laid out, however by this time my breathing was laboured, chest pains and unable to speak.

The staff kept an eye on me, checking regularly and even called ahead for a wheel chair to get me to baggage collaction as it is a long walk at Glasgow,  but were suggesting that an ambulance from the plane might be a better option.
However, knowing that RGB would be waiting I took option A the wheelchair -    to the baggage hall, where I was nearly at the point of collapse!!  yes.      BUT RGB was there and we were soon in the car heading East and Mrs B and he decided that they had no option but take me direct to the A & E at ERI which we did.
Once again my luck was in and the place was quietish for once so I was processed very quickly and moved from Triage to A & E; examined and put on oxygen, etc and told I was being admitted to the Initial Assessment Unit.

Mrs B and RGB left me and while I waiting a couple of the other "clients"  kicked off shouting and bawling dogs abuse at the staff - totally uncalled for and in the old days they would have been kicked out and locked up!!   Some forlks are so bloody disrespectful it is unbelievable - Dr's and nurses trying to help them and they appreciate zilch.   It  is little wonder that alcohol and drug abuse is costing the NHS a fortune,   Time these people had to pay for the service.   When RGB left they had witnessed two Police struggling to cope with a youth in his underpants out his face on a "designer drug", wich are readilly available around the town.

I ended up in a admission assessment Unit where I eventually stayed until discharge last night -  again the staff were seen being subjected to verbal and physical abuse, again by patients under the influence.

Underwent a battery of tests; a CT scan, put on different drips to rehydrate me as I was suffering from serios dehydration etc, and they ruled out heart attacks; serious stomach bugs like salmonelle, etc, and general diagnoses was too much sun; serious chest infection and "bog" standard Gyppy Tummy -  happy days.

So home now, cocktail of strong anitbiotics which will curtail my activies at a couple of social events next week - never mind,  I might well still be in Egypt in a clinic worrying about getting home -  instead, I can now thank the folks in the HV Coral Sea;  crew of the Thomson flight; and especially give praise to the marvellous staff at the ERI

No comments: