Friday 20 November 2015

Sad news I am afraid

No -  I have not expired yet,  keep looking in the Edinburgh Evening News and no sign of my name yet - no excuses then for not writing - just too much and too many distractions.

Sadly and unexpectedly my Nephew died last Sunday, aged 43, our thought are with his family and parents.

Following the tragedy in Sharm el Sheikh, we had the shootings and bombings in Paris, aftermath in Belguim, and to in Malawi - with the French being the primary target.    As I keep saying, it is only a matter of where and when we in the UK will targeted again.      Sadly our politicians are brilliant at sitting on the fence with Corbyn and Sturgeon not winning many brownie points.

Weather now on the turn, lots of rain (no need for a hosepipe ban) enough wind to remove umpteen topees and make for a bumpy landing at Edinburgh Airport.  Tonight snow forecast for a wider area than the tops of the mountains -  Aviemore and the ski runs will be looking for a long winter season this year.

Had a job though the West during the week so while the "Steed of Steel" was resting I treated the "Time Machine" to a good thrashing on the Motorway,  (which is becoming more of a joke every time you travel it)  massive roadworks by Eurocentral which should help.   On the way, the usual hold ups causing frustration with lorry drivers taking ages to overtake - so much so that one van driver was seen to make a wild "undertake" on the hard shoulder !!!  not clever.

Last weekend very busy at the Mercat Grill, no no rest for the wicked, and just to prove how bad I have been,  back there this weekend - so having to miss the Grand Superintendent's Dinner at Bonnyrigg - apologies.   Even missed the 720 pensioner's dinner last week, but I am not sure if I am old enough to qualify.


Good news from Peter Ritchie who is now writing book number five - missed him this week when he came a looking for me at the Grill.   Anyone wanting a chat with a real life author - give me a call and see what can be arranged.

Meetings of 720 ; Loanhead and the OES this week, few more next week before I take enforced absence  - wee trip to the hospital and then a period of recovery so I will need to be good and behave.

Watching the brilliant  BBC TV special with Adele,  she is superb, very natural, interviews well , singing live - unlike Cheryl and the hopefulls on the second rate X-factor.

Might try to write again sooner


No comments: