Thursday 24 March 2016

After all the rain, Scotland is undeer water once again, maybe not !

Having been more or less housebound for the past seven weeks I finally saw the surgeon yesterday whose words " leave here and never darken my door again" was music to my ears, as he was really delighted with his surgical handiwork.  Now I enter a new phase of self induced pain as I will now get back to swimming and exercise and try to build up once again, and obviously all these pummelled intestines will complain a bit!!!.

Home Alone 4 , as they say with MrsB and RGB in sunnier climes along with the Johnsons of Chobham, never mind, I can do as I please without having to worry about getting an ear bashing.

Usually have visitors dropping by or phoning to make sure I am OK and behaving myself,   this morning David Black appeared and we headed down to the Barony Castle Hotel, at Eddlestone, to have a wee look at how work was progressing with the restoration of the "unique" stone map of Scotland made by Polish engineers.   As you can see it has now been flooded as was the original, showing the various seas around Scotland.  Obviously there is still work to be done by the volunteer teams, however there is now sufficient to see to make a visit worthwhile.
Bonus of the day was having a lovely bowl of carrot and red chili soup, nice and warming as it was kind of raw while we were there.   Place was quiet when we arrived , however there were couples and groups arriving before we left, some possibly down for the  Easter weekend activities.



Easter weekend coming up, couple of things already planned so I know I will not be bored.

No comments: