Monday 31 October 2016

Does not get any better, even more holes in the road with worse to come.

Each day I get more and more frustrated with these utility companies, more and mor holes and even worse congestion. Just been down the street in Penicuik and there are new traffic light s up, not a workman in sight, no break to the road surface and aloneness of these traffic light operators sitting in a van !!!  Had myself a look at the Scottish traffic site and guess what, come Wednesday A702 will become a traffic jam/ car park.   The sooner they bring in some legislation to control this lot the better, and then charge them £1k an hour, they would be working all night to get jobs completed.
I see yet another fatal road accident in the Penicuik area, that is five deaths is as many weeks.
Clocks have gone back, dark nights drawing in, as are the mornings, but still these idiotic cyclist are totally dependent on motorists being observant enough to see them in the dark,  I wear a high viz jacket in the car in the morning, at all times on the motorbike,  was hoping to buy a nice new raincoat, have my sights set on a black one,  but have since changed my mind and will get a light coloured one. Whatever happened to the old adage, see and be seen!!   And gone are the days when the Police would stop and advise / report folks for lighting offences.
Mercat Grill doing well, keeping me occupied as long as I am not planning on retiring soon.
In the meantime , not sure if senility is creeping into my life!!   Searched high and low for one of my toys in the garage, not a trace so I bought a new one, so of course on Sunday I found the original missing item hanging up in plain sight!!! .   Latest missing item,  my recently purchased Canon Sureshot camera, last seen when I was up at Castlebrae eight days ago. Lord knows what I have done with it.
Had better not forget Mrs. B's birthday.

No comments: