Thursday 6 October 2016

Steed of Steel champing at the bit, ready for the road again.

Not that I plan on going very far, but with the current political situation I might need my passport to either get over the Carter Bar, or maybe for the road back.   Making for Tony Blair's constituency in Sedgefield tomorrow to meet up with colleagues I was billeted with between 1963 and 1966. Should be interesting.    B &B organised at a local hostelry so not far to meander my way home on Saturday night, big difference being, that when I last drank there , a bottle of Light Carlsberg lager cost only 10 p. (two shilling old money).  Hopefully a bit more reminiscence work as I might have a sneak through the village I lived in with my Grandmother in 1955 !!!!!   More if I do make it.

Away and will be missing the Gin tasting and tapas at the Mercat Grill on Saturday Night, however I am sure Mrs B. and her friends will have an extra tipple for me.

Been a busy week, managed more tidying in the garden while the rain has stayed away, swimming when I can and up to forty lengths once more, target being sixty four (a mile) before next visit to cardio, and have to up my foot mileage also.  

Out with Mrs B for a run yesterday, spotted this sundial on a building, just wonder if you know where it was?
During the week eventually managed to visit the Saltire motor cycle village at Saughton, Edinburgh,  what a place,  lots of big boys toys, somewhere you could go for a couple of hours, what with the cafe, barber's shop, tattoo parlour, lounge and lots, and lots of motorbikes and accessories.
Somewhere to go back to on a rainy day.
Next weekend, Blood Bank Riders  sale of work and bike bits and bobs at Moffat Town Hall on Sunday.   Following Sunday, IPA meeting at Castlebrae, Auchterarder, with Major Tom flying in from his hideaway in France.   So far, so good. 

No comments: