Sunday 9 October 2016

No worries, Steed of Steel took the cross country route. and we did meet a few well kent faces.

Home now after a run to Sedgefield C o Durham,  met my cousin Peter who I had not seen for about thirty years,  met Jean and Barry, last seen ten years ago, and into Sedgefield where most of my former colleagues were last seen fifty to fifty two years ago.  Brilliant night last night bit of a shock trying to remember who was who, but name tags did help, although there there were a couple who have hardly changed at all.
 Photo here of Ian Hilton, Mike Straughier and Geoff Perry.   Ian and Geoff were in my year, but Mike's was a year later. His parents adopted me as their surrogate son and we have been in contact all these years.

Stayed in the Dun Cow Inn, Sedgefield where former PM  Tony Blair took former President G. Bush for fish and chips.   No sign of my former home at Hardwick Camp which is now a housing estate.
Today, needing a bit of test, took the long way home up over the moors through Crook, Riding Mill, Hexam , over Hadrian's Wall to Bellingham and into the Keilder Forest / reservoir, over the Border to near Newcastleton before heading north through Hawich, Selkirk, Peebles.   170 miles on a lot of single track roads,  took my time, confidence building exercise again.
Cross Border exercise,  wonder if there will be a check point here if Nicola wins her case.

More of my adventures and surprises to follow later. 

No comments: