Saturday 24 March 2018

Certainly not a gentlemanly comment

Good job I am not easily offended !!!    Met Dougie Wood and the Companions of Honor Concord and Fidelity at Loanhead last night where a new member was iniatiated into the Order, a good degree and lovely night.    Afterwards “young” Douglas told me his brother William had been reading the blog and had commented on the increasing size of my shadow!!   What a cheek,  mind you , I had lost  a bit of weight but since being ill and not able to be so active things have crept a bit up the scales, just need to do something positive about it.

Local by-election in Penicuik on Thursday to fill the post after the sudden death of the well respected Adam Montgomery,  place was filled by Joe Wallace, SNP,  former Provost of Midlothian,    But I Ma not so sure I agree with this fancy  1,  2. 3. Voting system, where figures are jiggled about. For me , one cross, end of story.     I am sure Joe will do his best for the community,   And having just received the latest Bill from Midlothian Council for my rates,  (blood pressure through the roof) I might have to start advising the numpties in the planning department of their crackpot ideas.      Mind you, I am so pleased that Midlothian have decided at long last to get their own traffic wardens and sort out these mindless morons who abandon cars all over the place,    I was coming through Roslin on Monday on the bus and someone had parked right opposite one of the so called traffic calming islands which are bad enough at narrowing the street, bus was stopped for a while and then driver had to mount the island and creep past the parked car (which had a disabled badge on it),  no excuse whatsoever for such inconsiderate behaviour.   Driver should have just sat and called the Police.

Next big “doggie” event at the Mercat Grill is a Sunday lunch on 8 th April, and one group have already booked a table for fifteen plus eighteen dogs,  should be fun!!

Well,   Sun is actually shining morning frost clearing and the forecast is good so I might tempt fate and have a wee run out on the “Time Machine”.