Tuesday 17 July 2018

Low flying Chinook helicopters and high flying jets !!!

Nice afternoon today so I had a wee break from gardening chores and headed off for a run on the Steed of Steel.  Leadburn, A701 to Broughton (home of Broughton Ales) then took a left and wound my way along the side of the River Tweed past the Dawyck Botanic Gardens near Stobo, and as I passed Stobo Castle (Health Spa) I was overtaken , or near enough by a very, very low flying military Chinook helicopter. I have never seen one so close up or so low,  it was just above the tree tops and following the river.  This area seems to be very popular with low flying military types, I have also seen fighter  jets and a Hercules  "awfie near the ground",    From Stobo onto the Glasgow Road through Lyne Station, then took a back road over to Romanno Bridge, zig zagged over to West Linton and then headed for Penicuik over the Harlaw Muir Road where I came across the model aircraft club members,
I stopped and watched the lads q(not a youngster in sight) for about twenty minutes,  there were five members who had seven model planes with them. Over the years through regular use there is now a mini runway and taxi ways for the planes.  Just before I left there wee three planes in the air all doing  acrobatics, two propeller models and a small red Arrow jet,  the jet looked so realistic as it hurtled back and forth about eight feet above the runway.  Made my day.

Only adverse comment about this route were the numbers of bad potholes on the road, some really bad ones which would have wrecked any wheel ending up in them.  Borders Region seem to have made a better job of patching the road than Midlothian Council.

1 comment:

shathyez said...

Your Domain Name s5p42w3r94 best replica bags replica bags china replica bags ru hermes fake l0u26t5k95 replica bags in delhi replica bags manila replica gucci bag f8l89e9a91 replica bags for sale