Wednesday 18 July 2018

Politics for me are a real turn off. Parasites all of them

Those who know me will be aware that I find politics a real turn off.  As far as I am concerned I vote for a candidate and expect that person to represent me as honestly as possible in  whatever House they are sitting, be it a local council, Scottish Parliament or the UK House of Commons and for the benefit of the constituents.   Recently I see and hear of politicians who appear to be on person crusades, out to benefit themselves and perfectly happy to forget about the democratic rule of law when it suits them. There are more hooks, crooks and comic singers sitting on Edinburgh and London than appear at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
Mr President, Donald Trump, who I was beginning to have a wee bit time for really "blew it" with his comments in the presence of Putin about the alleged vote rigging / hacking ,  talk about back tracking, back flips and contortions!!   He and many of his contemporaries just thrive on power and the benefits it brings, and will bend the truth and the law as far as they can to retain their status.
I keep getting messages from a friend in Ireland trying to get me going about Brexit,   all I know is that there is a monumental white elephant sited in Brussels, staffed by thousands and led by hundreds of MEPS, all who are extremely well paid and some made for life financially.  What do they do, they duplicate what home parliaments do, they interfere in domestic affairs and generate rules and regulations every few minutes.    Obviously someone had a dream of heading am super state, but do we want that.  I do not.

No comments: