Wednesday 15 August 2018

Honda Goldwing; Goldtops and others.

Yet another of Edinburgh's motor cycle dealers last week, this time Two Wheels near Cameron Toll, where pride of place in the front window went to this lovely Gold Wing.


Most of my travels to these bike shops has been to source a new pair of boots, which has been proving more difficult than expected, the more modern boots are a bit tight for my wide feet and certainly likely to last as long as my original pair.  I ended up sending for a pair of the latest edition of hand made GoldTops, which are seen here alongside my old pair, Slight cost difference as the new boots are selling at £375 !!!    However, despite my best efforts, although the shoe of the boot fitted perfectly, the leg has been cut 3.5cm narrower than the old ones so it was with great disappointment that they had to be returned to GoldTop.  The manufacturers are being asked to try and make a wider fitting boot at some point.
 Just to finish off this page I have added a couple of shots, this one inside,   and
 this nice Triumph sitting in the car park outside the Triumph showroom.

But not all is lost,   had a call to go back in and have a look at some newly sourced boots which I might be able to get into,  if not it will be back to the old GoldTops held together with Unibond adhesive and Duck Tape.